Feed the animals, pet them, go on a donkey ride, then have a snack while discovering local products. Do you dream of sharing these moments with your family? It's happening at Fagotin Farm!
In the rustic decor of the Fagotin Farm, the kids will love petting the animals. Goats, ponies, donkeys, chickens, sheep are waiting for you for a timeless moment as a family, in the heart of the pretty village of Stoumont. During this break in the middle of nature, take a walk barefoot along a path, meet the farm animals, feed the poultry… In season, you will even have the opportunity to try milking the goat and making cheese, alongside an activity leader!
At snack time
Do you enjoy walking and local products? You are going to love the "Apérando" concept. Go on a 2.5, 6.5 or 8.5 kilometre walk, guided by an illustrated roadbook with photos to taking you along pretty trails. You will discover a variety of landscapes while crossing Stoumont, through the woods of the region or along beautiful green meadows. When it's time for a snack, stop for a rest and taste the products in the box you received at the start. A nice feast awaits you: you will succumb to the assortment of local and seasonal products such as cheeses and deli meats or the cold cream of vegetable soup (for the rest, we don’t want to ruin the surprise…). For those who are very thirsty, local beer and fruit juices are part of the pack! Bring a good backpack, your bottle opener and your picnic blanket.
Your VIP advantage
What else are you going to love? As a guest of Ardenne-étape, you are entitled to a preferred treatment: during your walk in nature, you can pick wild plants recommended by Fagotin Farm and on your return, you will receive a seasonal recipe written by the Fagotin cook which you can use to prepare the plants you picked. Unusual (gourmet) experience guaranteed!
- Duration of the experience: Between 4 and 5 hours
- Group of maximum 12 people
- Possibility to buy additional drinks on site
- Parking available in front of the centre
- Reception area accessible to people with reduced mobility, but the walk is not suitable
- Possibility of leaving your bike in the garden
- Possibility of renting a donkey for the Apérando for 25 Euros. The donkey can carry a child of at least 3 years old and less than 30 kg
- The farm visit is in French. The roadbook for the walk is in French, Dutch or English
- 10 Euros per person for the sensory activity + 20 Euros per individual box or 50 Euros per family box for the Apérando
Copyright © photos: Fagotin