Would you like to enjoy an aperitif while discovering local products? It's happening at Le Fagotin, in the heart of the beautiful village of Stoumont!
You are going to love the "Apérando" concept. Go on a 3, 4.5 or 6.5 kilometre walk, guided by an illustrated roadbook with photos to taking you along pretty trails. You will discover a variety of landscapes while crossing Stoumont, through the woods of the region or along beautiful green meadows. When it's time for a snack, stop for a rest and taste the products in the box you received at the start. A nice feast awaits you: you will succumb to the assortment of local and seasonal products such as cheeses and deli meats or the cold cream of vegetable soup (for the rest, we don’t want to ruin the surprise…). For those who are very thirsty, local beer and fruit juices are part of the pack! Bring a good backpack, your bottle opener and your picnic blanket.
Your VIP advantage
What else are you going to love? As a guest of Ardenne-étape, you are entitled to a preferred treatment: during your walk in nature, you can pick wild plants recommended by Fagotin animation centre and on your return, you will receive a seasonal recipe written by the Fagotin cook which you can use to prepare the plants you picked. Unusual (gourmet) experience guaranteed!
Copyright © pictures: Fagotinasbl
Ardennes-étape customers receive an exclusive benefit with this experience:
You will receive a seasonal recipe written by the Fagotin cook which you can use to prepare the plants you picked. Mention the code AE2024 by your online-reservation
When you book a holiday home on our website, you have access to the Ardennes-étape Privilege programme that offers many lovely surprises with our local partners!
- Experience available all year round, only on Saturdays, Sundays, and public holidays.
- Maximum group size of 12 people. Possibility to purchase additional drinks on-site.
- Possibility to leave your bike in the garden.
- Possibility to rent a donkey for the "Apérando" for 30 Euros. The donkey can carry a child of minimum 3 years old and weighing less than 30 kg.
- The roadbook for the walk is available in French, Dutch, or English.
Psst: Every 2nd Saturday of the month, Le Fagotin offers a unique encounter with farm animals. In the rustic decor of the Fagotin, the kids will love petting the animals. Goats, ponies, donkeys, chickens, sheep are waiting for you for a timeless moment as a family, in the heart of the pretty village of Stoumont. During this break in the middle of nature, meet the farm animals, feed the poultry… In season, you will even have the opportunity to try milking the goat and making cheese, alongside an activity leader! Outside the goat milking season, you can warm up in Le Fagotin's bakery and prepare cookies to bake in the wood-fired oven. This exclusive visit takes place in French only.
- 20 Euros per individual box or 50 Euros per family box for the "Apérando."
- 12 Euros per person for the farm activity (free for children under 3 years old). If you wish to do this activity on a different date than the 2nd Saturdays of the month, it can also be privatized and costs 120 Euros for a group of maximum 12 people (including children and babies).
Explore the surroundings