There’s no shortage of family activities yet there’s one that you’ve perhaps never tried… Angling! What? Angling consists in attracting the fish to a given place. A 100% natural and 100% enchanting experience in Hotton.
If you’re looking for an activity for your family that’s far from the beaten track and screens, this is what will take you there. Simply because, from time to time, it’s pleasant to follow a slower pace and be transported by nature. A moment’s peace and quiet full of fascination. Because fishing, and especially angling, is an art that everyone can acquire with a guide from RIVEO – the benchmark rivers and fishing centre – entirely dedicated to your learning.
Meticulous gestures, supple movements, a precise analysis of the location to find the best place to cast, and you’ll find yourselves transported into a gentle world. This experience can be enjoyed from March to October from the village of Hotton where the Ourthe rivermeanders along its course. It’s the ideal setting for this family initiation by the water during which you’ll have access to fishing equipment and receive expert advice from your guide.
Furthermore, as a lucky Ardennes-étape customer, you’ll also receive one entry/person for the ‘Par Touthéthys’ exhibition which takes you on a discovery of the five longest rivers on the planet and a visit to its aquariums (which, we hope, will be accessible again from 2022) OR one entry/person for mini-golf!
- Duration of the experience: 3 hours, from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. (valid from March to October)
- Fishing permit waiver
- Booking required at least 5 days before the activity
- Number of participants: from 1 to 8 people maximum
- Car and bike park opposite RIVEO
- Not accessible for people with reduced mobility
- Activity languages: FR – NL – EN
- Price : package of €120 for 1 to 4 people maximum