We’re nearly there: Christmas is approaching fast! As usual, it’s time for some seasonal ambiance, precious moments with the family and plenty of festive fun. Among the winter entertainment, the pop-up ice-skating rinks that add seasonal spirit to the hearts of our towns! Whether it’s in a tent or in the open air, enjoy skating, sliding and laughing with your family, friends or even just the two of you. Given the current circumstances, certain towns and organisations may have selected other fun activities for adults and children.
Psst: There is even more magic in store for you this festive season: as a cherished customer of Ardennes-étape, you will also enjoy extra bonuses from our partners. Discover them here.
Ice-skating rink, La Roche-en-Ardenne
The skating rink can be found on Quai de l'Ourthe in the heart of La Roche-en-Ardenne. Lace up those skates and enjoy this cosy covered rink of more than 600 m².
- Open daily from 3 December 2022 to 15 January 2023 from 10 am to 6 pm
- Café on the premises
Bonus : As an Ardennes-étape customer, you benefit from the children’s rate (€10 instead of €12.5) when you show your Activity Pass
Sledging track in the Christmas Village in Liège
The so-called Fiery City will give you a warm welcome in its Christmas village! Come and sledge down the Dalle St-Lambert track, and you’ll be amazed.
- Open daily from 25 November to 30 December 2022 from 11 am to 10 pm from Monday to Wednesday, and from 11 am to midnight on Thursday to Sunday.
- The sledging track is located in the Village Gourmand. You’re in for a treat.
Bonus : As an Ardennes-étape customer, you can choose! Either: A €1 reduction or “buy 1 gluhwein, get 1 gluhwein for free" valid in the two chalets along Allée des Artisans
Ice-skating rink, Dinant
Dinant Evasion is organising the frosty fun this year, on their premises at Anseremme.
- Open daily from 22 October 2022 to 22 January 2023 From Monday to Thursday: 2 pm - 9 pm/ From Friday to Saturday: 12 noon - 11 pm/Sunday: 12 noon to 9 pm
- Pop-up Restaurant-brasserie “Cool Corner”
Bonus:A free cup of gluhwein or hot chocolate per person when you show your Activity Pass – Book ahead by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the code ARDENNESETAPE
Roller-skating track, Malmedy
There is something new to discover this year in Malmedy! The traditional ice-skating rink will make way for a roller-skating track. More ecological and wheely good fun for all the family!
- Open from 2 December 2022 to 8 January 2023
- The Christmas chalets are right next door, so you can enjoy a hot drink or a local beer.
Bonus: As an Ardennes-étape customers you benefit from the group rate (€4 per person) rather than the individual rate!
Still have to pick your holiday home to make the most of the festive charm of the Ardennes? Choose from our large selection of houses and chalets.
Just like you, we adore the Christmas spirit! Share your best photos with us by tagging @ardennes_etape on your social media! We can’t wait to see them.