The Eau d'Heure Lakes close to Dinant in Wallonia: the perfect spot for water sports, motorised or not, relaxation and hiking, a visit to the dam... Or just doing nothing at the beach on a hot summer day.
Eau d’Heure Lakes
The Eau d’Heure Lakes (les Lacs de l’Eau d’Heure in French) are located close to Dinant, Philippeville and Cerfontaine, stretching over the provinces of Namur and Hainaut.
The incredible potential of the area becomes clear on viewing the enormous dimensions. The possibilities include many water sports, a day out with the family to visit the dam, a cruise on board of the Red Crocodile, just as well as a day of relaxing on the beaches or swimming in the Aquacenter.
A part of the lakes has been dedicated for each water activity in order to guarantee the safety at all times.
On or around the lakes you can find the following:
- diving in the Lacs de l’Eau d’Heure diving centre. All materials are available on site. There is plenty of parking space, changing rooms and a club house where you can enjoy a drink or a snack.
- sailing in the Eau d’Heure Lakes water sport centre: the largest of the five lakes is completely dedicated to surfboards, kayaks and catamarans. There is a club house and a pier going into the lake.
- jet skiing at the Jet Club Eau d’Heure: seated jet skiing as well as standing up jet skiing are both possible. National and even international competitions take place at the lakes. Club house and vast parking space on site.
- wakeboarding on the Féronval Lake. 620 metres of electrical cable pull the wakeboarders over the surface of the lake.
Let it be clear: the Eau d’Heure Lakes are the perfect spot for surfers, sailors or divers. Everything takes place in this wonderful part of Wallonia. Hikers will be please by the many signposted hikes in the area.
The Eau d’Heure Lakes also have a lot to offer families looking for a day out.
- a visit to the dam that was built to regulate the water level of the river Sambre. The guided visit offer a 360 degree view on the Lakes from on top of the tower. The tower has been recently renovated and the top floor is partially transparent.
- a cruise on board the Red Crocodile: only nine amphibious vehicles like this one exist in the world. The ‘crocodile’ takes the visitors on a trip over the surface of the lakes. Excellent fun for children as well as adults.
- Natura Parc: everyone from three years old is more than welcome for a trip through the threes. Several trails are possible, all with different difficulty level. The cable ride over the lake offers an astonishing view.
The Eau d’Heure Lakes are a must for everyone visiting the region. Looking for a self-catering holiday cottage in the Lacs de l’Eau d’Heure area? Ardennes-Etape selected the very best holiday lets in Dinant and the surrounding area.
Copyright Photos - Artech, o2r, F.Barette, Landal, Lacs de l'Eau d'Heure & FTPN - Bossiroy
Book a holiday home near this activity and
receive more than 148 discounts on this activity
The tourist information provided is for information purposes only. Under no circumstance can Ardennes-Etape be held responsible in case of incorrect or obsolete information.
Your account deserves a safer password.
Improve it now.
You can postpone this action, but you know what they say...
You just received an email on [adressemail].
Follow the instructions in the email
See you soon.
Receive our free Malmedy E-Guide.
It's packed with touristic activities, restaurants and hikes.
Tested by our Ardennes experts.