Victor Hugo called it “the most beautiful daughter of the Meuse”. And it’s true: Dinant is full of stunning sights, both in the town and the surrounding fields! Perhaps the most delightful way to experience it all is to take a boat down the river to discover the region at its most natural and wild.
Ready to come aboard? Then let's set off on a cruise down the Meuse, starting at the marina in Dinant! As the river carries you along, discover the charms of the region, all the way to Freÿr, a local tourist hotspot. The Dinant-Freÿr journey will take you past the lock at Anseremme, where the boat will be lowered 2.40 metres to access the pound (the section of the canal between two locks, known in French as “bief”) and the Haute-Meuse region at its most wild and untouched.
Along the banks, admire an old Priory, steep and verdant banks and, most of all, the famous Castle of Freÿr with its French gardens, as well as the Rochers de Freÿr, Belgium's largest climbing rocks. To find out more about everything you see, listen to the audio guide that accompanies you throughout the trip.
And to top it all off, you can combine sightseeing with gourmet pleasures in the boat’s cafeteria, its lounge with panoramic views or its two terraces. What better way to kick back and relax, especially since, as an Ardennes-étape customer, you’ll get one free drink (excluding special beers).
Ardennes-étape customers receive an exclusive benefit with this experience:
One free drink (excluding special beers) for each passenger on the Dinant-Freÿr cruise
When you book a holiday home on our website, you have access to the Ardennes-étape Privilege programme that offers many lovely surprises with our local partners!
- Access for people with reduced mobility (PRM): Dinant-Freÿr cruises usually take place on the “Le Sax”, a boat that is accessible to PRM, but sometimes another boat is used. It is therefore best to get in touch beforehand.
- Bicycles welcome on the boat.
15 €/adult - 12€/child (-12 years) - 15€/senior (60+) for groups of minimum 20 people.
18 €/adult - 14€/child (-12 years) - 16 €/senior (60+) if less than 20 people
- 25/02, 26/02, 04/03 and 05/03
- Every day from 29/04 to 01/05 (included)
- The weekend of 06 and 07/05
- Saturday 14/05
- Every day from 18 to 21/05 (included)
- Every day from 27 to 29/05 (included)
- Every day from 03/06 to 27/08 (included) - except 10/06, 08/07 and 12/08
- Every weekend in September (30/09 and 01/10 included) - except 09/09