Make way for relaxation, spirituality, tradition and ... beer and cheese! The Benedictine monks of Maredsous Abbey welcome you to St. Joseph's. Browse through the cafeteria, the bookshop, the souvenir shop, the playground and the brand new microbrewery area:
A guided tour of the abbey
Maredsous Abbey is situated in the Molignée valley and was founded in 1872. Since 1882, it has been a cultural centre. We won't tell you more about it, as your guide will tell you all about its history and will take you through the monks' cemetery, the garden and their private domain. Enjoy this moment of meditation and then: time for gastronomy!
A tasting guided tour
You will discover the microbrewery and the newly planted hop field, then you will visit the "Little Cheese Museum" where you will discover the secrets of the maturing of the famous cheese. The tour ends with a tasting of the different beers and cheese in the beautiful "La Chapelle" room. A souvenir gift is included.
Ardennes-étape customers receive an exclusive benefit with this experience:
- 10% discount valid on the tasting tour for individuals using the promo code AEGUS2023
- Offer at the microbrewery on Friday - Saturday - Sunday between 7pm and 10pm: 1 pint of beer of the moment + portion of cheese per person on presentation of your Activity Pass
When you book a holiday home on our website,you have access to the Ardennes-étape Privilege programme that offers many lovely surprises with our local partners!
- The cheese factory is not open to the public
- Private tours and large group visits are also available to book. Contact our partner
- The Abbey is located near the RAVeL
Abbey visit price
- 7€ / adult
- 5€ / student and senior citizen
- Free for children under 12 years old
Tasting tour price
- 16.70€/student +16 years and senior citizen
- 5.00€/child 3 to 15 years old
Book online with the promotional code AEGUS2023 for the taste tour